This straightforward Tomato Jam recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. It’s scrumptious!
Recent backyard tomatoes are simmered in a candy and savory combination of sugar, vinegar and seasonings to create a diffusion and condiment you’ll love!
It can up-level each recipe from sandwiches to burgers, eggs, and veggies! Make it with pink or inexperienced tomatoes.
What’s Tomato Jam?
- Thick and hearty, tomato jam is a candy and savory tomato-based condiment.
- This jam is good (as a jam must be) with a tangy kick and a little bit bit of warmth (in the event you’d like).
- It’s simply made on the range and retains weeks within the fridge, no canning is required!
- This quick and straightforward condiment to impress at your events, picnics, and BBQs.
- That is a type of superb ‘backyard presents’ to make when you have an abundance of summer time tomatoes. Everybody loves a selfmade jar of tomato jam. Better of all, it’s going to freeze for as much as 6 months!
Substances & Variations
Tomatoes – No must blanch and peel tomatoes for tomato jam! Any contemporary tomatoes will do, nevertheless, contemporary Roma’s are one of the best as a result of they’ve skinny skins and are as meaty as canned Marzano’s.
Sugar – Honey is a pure sweetener that melts simply into tomato jam. Brown sugar, molasses, and even sugar-free Swerve can be utilized, nevertheless, the tip end result won’t be as jelly-like as the unique recipe requires.
Seasonings – Apple cider offsets the acidity of the tomatoes, however the stage of serrano chile is as much as you. Meet your warmth and use as a lot or as little as you want. A splash of cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or a splash of Sriracha will be switched out for minced chiles.
Add-Ins Cracked black pepper, diced shallots, or bacon bits will make your tomato jam recipe stand out!
Methods to Make Tomato Jam
This fancy condiment is very easy to make, simply three easy steps!
- Deliver all elements to a boil.
- Cool & serve.
Significantly. That’s all.
Methods to Serve Tomato Jam
What doesn’t go together with tomato jam?!
Suggestions for the Greatest Jam
- If the jam is just too unfastened after half-hour, proceed cooking till the specified thickness is achieved.
- Use contemporary ripe tomatoes for one of the best taste.
- Tomatoes don’t have to be peeled or seeded.
- Preserve tomato jam refrigerated in a sealed container for as much as 10 days. Freeze parts in zippered baggage for as much as 6 months!
Did you make this Tomato Jam? Depart us a score and a remark under!