Many states and cities are rising minimal wage charges within the second half of 2022. Aside from Florida’s improve set to happen on September 30, most of those adjustments are taking impact on July 1. The speed will increase impression non-exempt workers and tipped employees.
Homebase provides you fashionable instruments and steerage to maintain you compliant.
Minimal wage adjustments on July 1, 2022
Check out the record beneath to see if minimal wage charges are rising in your space, and head over to your state labor regulation information to be taught extra about your native compliance legal guidelines. You can too take a look at the minimal wage adjustments that occurred earlier this 12 months in our article.
California raised the statewide minimal wage fee to $14 for small employers with 25 or fewer workers and $15 for big employers on January 1, 2022. Nevertheless, many jurisdictions are taking it a step additional on July 1:
- Alameda: $15.75
- Berkeley: $16.99
- Emeryville: $17.68
- Fremont: $16.00
- Foster Metropolis: $15.75
- Lengthy Seashore (lodges with 100 or extra visitor rooms): $16.73
- Los Angeles Metropolis: $16.04
- Los Angeles Metropolis (lodges with 150 or extra visitor rooms): $18.17
- Unincorporated Los Angeles County: $15.96
- Malibu: $15.96
- Milpitas: $16.40
- Pasadena: $16.11
- San Francisco: $16.99
- Santa Monica: $15.96
- Santa Monica (lodges): $18.17
- West Hollywood (1–49 workers): $16.00
- West Hollywood (50 or extra workers): $16.50
- West Hollywood (lodge employees): $18.35
Be aware: California doesn’t permit a lowered minimal wage for tipped workers.
The statewide minimal wage fee in Connecticut will improve to $14.00. The speed for tipped service workers will stay at $6.38 per hour and $8.23 for tipped bartenders.
District of Columbia
The district-wide minimal wage fee will improve to $16.10 for hourly workers and $5.35 for tipped workers.
Two jurisdictions in Illinois will improve minimal wage charges:
- Chicago (companies with 21 or extra workers): $15.40 for hourly workers, $8.70 for tipped workers
- Chicago (companies with 4-20 workers): $14.50 for hourly workers, $9.24 for tipped workers
- Prepare dinner County: $13.35 for hourly workers, $7.40 for tipped workers
Montgomery County, Maryland
Montgomery County is rising minimal wage charges to the next:
- Companies with 51 or extra workers: $15.65
- Companies with 11 to 50 workers: $14.50
- Companies with 10 or fewer workers: $14.00
The tipped minimal wage fee will stay at $4.00.
A number of minimal wage charges are rising in Minnesota jurisdictions:
- Minneapolis (companies with 100 or extra workers): $15.00
- Minneapolis (companies with fewer than 100 workers): $13.50
- Saint Paul (companies with 10,000 or extra workers): $15.00
- Saint Paul (companies with 101 to 10,000 workers): $13.50
- Saint Paul (companies with 6-100 workers): $12.00
- Saint Paul (companies with 1-5 workers): $10.75
A lowered minimal wage for tipped workers will not be allowed in Minnesota.
Nevada is rising its statewide minimal wage fee to $9.50 for companies that supply medical health insurance advantages, and $10.50 for companies that don’t. A lowered minimal wage fee for tipped workers will not be allowed in Nevada.
The Oregon statewide minimal wage fee will improve to $13.50. Portland will implement the next adjustments:
- Metro companies (these positioned throughout the “city development boundary of a metropolitan service district”): $14.75
- Companies in non-urban counties: $12.50
A lowered minimal wage fee for tipped workers will not be allowed in Oregon.
Have extra compliance questions? Homebase has an skilled staff prepared to assist along with your hardest issues. With HR Professional you possibly can speak dwell with a licensed advisor, have an skilled overview your insurance policies, and achieve entry to our intensive HR sources library, filled with templates, guides, and trainings.