Huchuy Qosqo is a superb archaeological web site within the Sacred Valley, northeast of Cusco Metropolis, not too removed from it. As soon as getting there on transportation, you possibly can benefit from the wonderful pure magnificence and vitality of the place; after, the hike begins, as a result of this web site was constructed on the highest of a mountain 600 meters/2,000 toes excessive. There may be an unpaved path to get to the summit, the place hikers stroll upwards all the time in the midst of lush vegetation and luxurious views of the Sacred Valley. The quietude is absolute.
Huchuy Qosqo is a spot filled with historical past! Earlier than turning into an empire, the Incas had been a robust regional kingdom that additionally dominated over the encircling villages, for instance, Calca, to which Huchuy Qosqo belongs. The king’s identify was Huiracocha and he was getting outdated, getting ready his son Urco to take his place; thus, the outdated king counseled the development of a retirement place for him, on prime of the mountain. Somewhat afterwards, the rival highly effective kingdom of the Chancas began an enlargement and invaded Cusco Metropolis; defeated, each Huiracocha and Urco fled to Huchuy Qosqo, and by no means got here again. It’s stated that the king vanished from Cusco Metropolis taking a whole lot of gold and silver with him.
So, the journey with the Huchuy Qosqo hike is the bus journey from Cusco Metropolis, crossing spectacular landscapes, having fun with the fantastic thing about the village beneath and eventually the nice hike to the highest, the place there’s a improbable view of the valley and also you’ll be actually in the midst of the clouds. Now let’s verify all you have to know for this magic 1-day journey!
- Acclimatization: everybody must be in Cusco Metropolis first, so it’s good to know concerning the altitude (3,500 meters above sea degree / 11,490 ft approx.). At such a peak, some signs might seem, like shortness of breath, dizziness, headache, nausea; that is due to the low degree of oxygen within the air. So in case you have these signs, decelerate, relaxation, drink loads of water, coca leaves tea can be superb. In Huchuy Qosqo itself you’ll be okay, as a result of it’s virtually the identical altitude as Cusco Metropolis.
- Bodily Form: you should be in common bodily situation; the hike shouldn’t be very demanding, it’s a tender stroll upwards alongside a mountainside path. The hike as much as the highest takes some 3 hours; myself, the final half-hour I walked a bit then sat right down to relaxation, then walked a bit once more. Arriving on the summit, it’s flat terrain, with the very attention-grabbing ruins and an impressive view of the valley.
- Clothes: local weather within the Sacred Valley is all the time hotter than Cusco Metropolis, so you should carry lighter garments. Right here is the listing of all gear wanted for the hike: solar hat or cap, sun shades, polyester t-shirt, a light-weight jacket simply in case, mountain climbing pants, sneakers or mountain climbing boots, backpack. If doing the Huchuy Qosqo throughout the wet season (November to March), add a rainproof coat and backpack cowl, simply in case. The benefit of the wet season is that every one costs are decrease. A strolling pole could be very helpful for stability and saving vitality.
- Contained in the Backpack: the hike uphill can really feel a bit lengthy, so don’t overlook to carry some snacks like fruits or vitality bars, additionally a reusable water bottle (TOUR IN PERU is an eco-friendly journey company). As a substitute of water, you might contemplate ingesting coca leaves tea; Incas used it for the lengthy walks they needed to do throughout the vary. Don’t overlook the smartphone and the photographic digicam! Views on the Huchuy Qosqo web site are distinctive, priceless!
- Well being: all the time carry sunblock and a bug repellent; hotter local weather means extra daylight and in addition some mosquitoes within the air.
The Huchuy Qosqo hike is usually a excellent addition to your trip in Cusco! Whether or not you go to Machu Picchu in a basic tour or doing a number of the Inca Trails, it’s at hand in the event you nonetheless need extra mountain climbing throughout our difficult Andean heights.
Contact our specialists and begin reserving the Huchuy Qosqo hike and extra, for the dream trip in Cusco, the land of the Incas!
The put up Huchuy Qosqo Hike: All You Have to Know for a Magic Journey! appeared first on TOUR IN PERU.