A fast and simple dinner that delivers! That is honey garlic soy salmon, a dish comprised of simply 6 components in beneath 35 minutes. Marinate contemporary salmon in a 5-ingredient sauce, after which scale back the remaining down on the range to a glaze because the salmon bakes. Serve with thickened glaze, brown rice, and your favourite greens for a easy, flavorful, and wholesome meal.
Baking is definitely the place my coronary heart is, however it’s a lot enjoyable to share on a regular basis dinner recipes with you. I wrestle to discover a meal my whole household enjoys, which incorporates younger youngsters who are sometimes skeptical about what exhibits up on their plates! Right now’s honey garlic soy glazed salmon is often the reply when (1) I would like dinner FAST, (2) I would like dinner to be DELICIOUS for everybody, and (3) I would like to make use of as few components and dishes as doable. 😉
This recipe has lived on my web site since 2015 and one reader, Leslie, says: “This publish is a pair years previous however the recipe holds. My household LOVED this! I cherished how easy it’s however full of taste.”
You’ll Love This Honey Garlic Soy Salmon, Too:
- 35 minutes complete: quarter-hour to marinate, 15–20 to bake
- Solely 6 simple components
- Marinade doubles because the glaze
- Minimal effort, most taste
- Informal sufficient for the week, fancy sufficient for company
- Wholesome, healthful, dairy free
- Simple recipe to halve or double
Marinade Doubles as a Glaze
The 5-ingredient glaze is impressed by scrumptious Asian delicacies and made with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, and somewhat sesame oil to assist the marinade stick. As a marinade, it’s candy and salty however has a deeper, extra complicated taste from the garlic and contemporary ginger. Use half of the combination for a marinade, after which scale back the remaining on the range for a couple of minutes to drizzle over the cooked salmon. As a thickened glaze, the flavour is extremely daring. It’s so, so tasty.
I additionally LOVE this honey soy sauce glazed salmon from the unbelievable meals weblog Omnivore’s Kitchen. There’s somewhat whole-grain mustard and chili powder in that sauce.
This marinade/glaze discount can also be nice on hen. Change the salmon with boneless hen breasts or thighs and enhance the bake time till the hen is cooked by means of. See recipe Notes.
You may also skip the protein, make the sauce, scale back down on the range and pour over a plate of steamed greens and rice. I’ve finished that usually and leftovers are scrumptious for lunch the subsequent day.
Elements You Want & Why
There are so few components on this honey garlic soy salmon dish… and each has a key job!
- Salmon: The brisker the salmon, the higher. You need about 24 ounces (680g) complete, and buying particular person fillets makes prep simpler. Attempt to discover salmon fillets which might be an excellent thickness in order that all of them cook dinner in the identical period of time. There are various various kinds of salmon and this how you can purchase salmon information is a useful useful resource. (Not affiliated in any respect, only a actually useful article about contemporary/frozen/sorts.)
- Honey: Honey is among the essential components and pairs so nicely with garlic, one thing you might know for those who’ve had this honey garlic shrimp earlier than. (An analogous, however even faster dish!)
- Soy Sauce: I usually use Kikkoman much less sodium tamari soy sauce, which is labeled gluten free. Once more, not sponsored… only a fan! In the event you’re gluten delicate or illiberal, you should utilize that or swap the soy sauce with precise tamari sauce.
- Sesame Oil: This can be a new addition over the previous couple years and I take advantage of it for sticking energy. After dozens of instances getting ready this dish, I discovered the salmon holds onto the marinade somewhat higher when there’s 1 Tablespoon of oil. In the event you don’t have sesame oil, olive oil is a nice alternative.
- Garlic: You need to use contemporary or jarred/minced.
- Contemporary Ginger: Ginger offers this dish a heat, contemporary, barely candy aspect. It’s one in all my favourite components in cooking and also you’ll like it in peach pie, too.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Sure, you should utilize frozen raw salmon. Thaw fully after which comply with the recipe as written, together with marinating and baking.
Step Pictures: The best way to Make Honey Garlic Soy Salmon
Place salmon in a container or zipped-top bag. I often use these glass containers for marinating they usually work simply as nicely for storing leftovers and freezing meals/baked items. (See 8 Freezer Meals for some inspiration!) Combine the marinade components collectively and pour about half over the salmon:
Marinate the salmon for at the least quarter-hour and as much as 4 hours. You possibly can stretch this to eight hours if wanted. You’ll love that this dish can work with any schedule, in a rush or not!
Place salmon on lined baking sheet; reserve used marinade if desired to scale back with the remainder of the unused marinade:
The sauce will caramelize over the salmon because it bakes:
Whereas the salmon bakes, scale back the remaining marinade on the range to make a glaze. You need a wealthy, thick glaze:
Drizzle the glaze everywhere in the heat baked salmon. You possibly can even drizzle a spoonful onto the salmon fillets in the direction of the tip of the bake time and return them to the oven to complete baking.
And your dinner is scorching & prepared! Be happy to garnish the honey garlic soy salmon with inexperienced onion and/or sesame seeds. I prefer to steam broccoli and make a packet of brown rice because the salmon bakes.
The sides are crisp, the honey garlic soy salmon is tender, and the flavors are unbelievable!
This straightforward baked salmon is smothered with a 5-ingredient salty-sweet glaze and is prepared in beneath 35 minutes!
- Marinate the salmon: Place salmon fillets into a big zippered meals storage bag or shallow dish/container. In a medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger collectively. Pour about half of the combination (simply eyeball it) over salmon. Flip salmon to coat. Seal the bag/cowl the dish and refrigerate for at the least quarter-hour and as much as 4 hours.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Put aside.
- Line the marinated salmon fillets on the baking sheet, pores and skin facet down. You possibly can maintain onto this used marinade—see step 5. Bake salmon for 15–20 minutes or till finished, which is 10 minutes per inch thickness measured from the thickest a part of the fillet. (Salmon is taken into account finished when an prompt learn thermometer reads the middle of the thickest half as at the least 145°F (63°C).) Be happy to show your oven to broil for the final minute to actually crisp the perimeters.
- In the meantime, because the salmon bakes, pour the remaining unused marinade right into a small saucepan or skillet over medium-high warmth. In order for you, you may add the remaining (used) marinade as nicely. Carry to a boil, after which scale back warmth to medium-low and simmer for 3–4 minutes or till barely thickened. Preserve a detailed eye on it as a result of it will possibly rapidly burn. It would bubble up loads because it reduces. Take away from warmth.
- Drizzle thickened glaze over baked salmon and serve with non-compulsory garnish.
- Leftovers maintain nicely within the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat to your liking.
- Make Forward Directions: You possibly can marinate the salmon as much as 4 hours upfront. If wanted, you may lengthen to eight hours.
- Sides: To finish the meal, serve the salmon with steamed broccoli and rice. Each are glorious with glaze drizzled on high. You possibly can cook dinner each because the salmon bakes.
- Can I take advantage of frozen salmon? Sure, you should utilize frozen raw salmon fillets. Thaw fully earlier than utilizing.
- Can I exchange salmon with hen? Sure, you may exchange the salmon with boneless hen breasts or thighs and enhance the bake time till the hen is cooked by means of. Marinate the hen for nearer to 1 hour as a substitute of simply quarter-hour.
Key phrases: garlic honey salmon, ginger garlic salmon
Baking Made Simple
Are you new to this web site? This e mail sequence is a good place to begin. I’ll stroll you thru a couple of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.