This Creamy Rooster Pasta Salad recipe is filled with taste, texture, and many goodness!
Loaded with hen, pasta, bacon, and veggies this dish is tossed in a straightforward ranch mayo dressing for the right chew.
Whereas our favourite Italian pasta salad is commonly served as a facet, this hearty dish eats like a meal!
A Pasta Salad Entree
- This pasta salad turns a favourite facet dish right into a major dish with a lot of nice additions like hen!
- Solely 3 easy steps and 20 minutes of prep time.
- Rooster pasta salad is a straightforward solution to stretch leftover hen breasts or leftover roast hen!
- Function a major dish or as a facet (and it makes nice lunches all through the week).
- Finest served chilly, it’s a refreshing dish on a scorching summer time day.
What Goes in Pasta Salad
When making a chilly pasta salad you’ll be able to add in as many or as few components as you’d like.
- Pasta – Use rigatoni, penne, shells, or rotini pasta. Actually, any medium pasta form will work.
- Rooster – Leftover diced cooked hen or shredded hen is ideal on this recipe. You may also bake hen breast or use rotisserie hen.
- Veggies – Choose for a wide range of colours and textures to make this hen pasta salad each fairly and flavorful. Strive bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, or avocado.
- Taste – Cubes of cheddar, inexperienced onions, bacon, and a fast and creamy dressing add a lot of taste.
Rooster Pasta Salad Dressing
For the tastiest pasta salad dressing, we love the tremendous fast do-it-yourself ranch-style dressing within the notes. It’s wealthy and creamy with a lot of contemporary herb taste.
Creamy: mayonnaise, bitter cream, and milk. Swap the bitter cream for greek Yogurt to lighten it up a bit!
Flavorful: a packet of ranch dressing combine (or strive do-it-yourself ranch seasoning) & contemporary herbs.
- Swap hen for leftover turkey or ham.
- Use your favourite cheeses like contemporary mozzarella, pepper jack, or feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with herbs equivalent to contemporary basil, parsley, and dill.
- Different additions to strive embody sliced olives (black or inexperienced), a splash of lemon juice, or purple onion
Find out how to Make Rooster Pasta Salad
Rooster ranch pasta salad comes collectively rapidly as soon as the veggies are prepped and the cheese is shredded. Simply comply with these steps:
- Prepare dinner the pasta in keeping with bundle instructions in a big pot of salted water.
- Mix the salad components and cooled pasta in a big bowl.
- Add dressing and toss nicely to mix. Refrigerate for at the least one hour.
Earlier than serving, sprinkle with contemporary chopped inexperienced onion and further bacon and season with salt and black pepper to style.
Like most chilly pasta salad recipes, this hen bacon ranch pasta salad holds within the fridge for 3-4 days making it excellent for lunches.
This dish doesn’t freeze nicely.
Favourite Pasta Salad Recipes
Did you’re keen on this Rooster Pasta Salad? You’ll want to go away a score and a remark beneath!
Creamy Rooster Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is filled with taste and shade! Rotini pasta, diced hen, and a do-it-yourself ranch dressing make this tasty facet dish!
Prepare dinner pasta in a big pot of salted water per the bundle instructions. Drain nicely and run below chilly water. Put aside.
Mix dressing components in a small bowl and put aside.
Combine remaining components in a big bowl. Toss with dressing.
Refrigerate at the least 1 hour earlier than serving. Garnish with inexperienced onions and serve.
- ½ teaspoon every garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons every contemporary dill and parsley (or ½ teaspoon every dried)
- salt & pepper
Energy: 447 | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.