Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Hen recipe makes hen that’s juicy on the within and crispy on the surface!
Cilantro lime hen is in a marinade with zesty lime, a number of garlic and recent cilantro. This simple recipe wants little prep and few components however it’s loaded with huge taste.
An Straightforward Grilled Hen Recipe
- With only a few components, this recipe has huge taste.
- No grill? No Drawback! This dish may also be made within the oven as nicely making it the proper meal all yr.
- Double up the marinade and use it to decorate as salad as nicely.
- It has a number of taste and the leftover hen is nice in tacos and even added to a tossed salad.
Straightforward Contemporary Components
Hen – Boneless skinless hen thighs are juicy and flavorful when grilled. This recipe may also be made with hen breasts or bone-in hen thighs or breasts, simply regulate the cooking time accordingly.
Cilantro Lime Hen Marinade – Marinades serve to tenderize in addition to taste the meat, and this marinade is as simple because it will get! It’s a easy mixture of lime juice, lime zest, cilantro leaves, and a touch of seasonings. Toss in some jalapenos or further pink pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
The right way to Make Cilantro Lime Hen
This recipe is loopy simple.
- Combine the marinade in a bowl or freezer bag per the recipe under.
- Add the hen and marinate at the very least 30 minute or as much as 2 hours.
- Broil, bake or grill.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Suggestions for Success
- Enable hen to marinate for at the very least half-hour.
- Contemporary lime juice is greatest on this recipe, the flavour of bottled lime might be bitter.
- One of the best ways to inform if the hen is totally cooked is to make use of a meat thermometer, it ought to attain 165°F.
- Leftover hen is nice in a sandwich or sliced over a mattress of lettuce for a tasty next-day-at-work salad!
Extra Grilled Hen Favorites
Did you make this grilled Cilantro Lime Hen? Make sure you depart a score and a remark under!
Cilantro Lime Hen
Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Hen is juicy and filled with taste!
Preheat grill to medium excessive warmth.
Cook dinner hen on an oiled grate for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and cook dinner a further 7-8 minutes or till hen reaches 165°F.
Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with lime slices and extra chopped cilantro.
- The marinade may also be pulsed in a blender a few instances when you desire.
- Enable hen to marinate at the very least half-hour. Because of the excessive quantity of citrus on this recipe, don’t marinate longer than 2 hours.
- Contemporary lime is greatest on this recipe, the flavour of bottled lime might be bitter.
- Non-compulsory add-ins: add 1 teaspoon of chili powder and/or 1/4 teaspoon crushed pink pepper to the marinade so as to add slightly bit of warmth.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place hen on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or till hen reaches 165°F.
3. Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with lime slices and extra chopped cilantro.
To Broil Hen
1. Place on a grate or rack on a foil lined pan.
2. Broil hen 4-inches from the factor for 5-6 minutes per aspect.
To Cook dinner Bone-In Hen Thighs or Breasts
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Add the hen pores and skin aspect down (reserve the marinade) and cook dinner 3-4 minutes or till browned. Flip over and cook dinner 2 minutes extra.
3. Add remaining marinade to the pan. Bake 25-27 minutes or till hen reaches 165°F. Broil 2-3 minutes to crisp if desired.
Energy: 149 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.